Wednesday, July 28, 2010

*update poem one

I wrote this a few days ago... It's kind of a poem, kind of an update... kind of the ramblings of a drunk. hopefully more are on their way.


Curry-crab


Today I ate
two bowls of noodle-soup
I'm not sure if I'll eat
again
but there is
a bag
of curry-crab flavored potato
chips
in a grocery bag
on the floor
of my apartment

the last and
only
time that I had
curry and
crab
potato chips
was summer 2008
in Vang Vieng
Lao

Jesse bought then
when he was high but
Oonagh
had to help him
pick a flavor
because he was
high

I only taught two classes
today
but it still felt like
too much

This is the worst job
I've ever had

My Mom tells me that
it will give me a lot
to write
about

but
I told
her that
I thought
that those poems
would sound too
whiny

But I left Bangkok
last weekend
for the first time
since I moved here
two months
ago

It was great
but possibly a
mistake
because I realized how much
I'd rather be there than
here

I bought two
Bukowski books
the last night of the earth
poems
and factotum

I'm reading
the last night of the earth poems and
it's inspiring to
finally
have access to a book of
poetry

this book is the reasons
that in this
poem
I'm using lots of
lines
with only one
word

I've written
nothing
but a few letters
in over a month and
tomorrow
or a day in the not
so distant future
I'm going to transcribe
this from my notebook
onto my blog
and it will be my
first blog post in
months

I'm going to try
to do this
more often
as i force my way through
to the semester's
end

before I'm on the road
again

or at least to the bar
promotions scene in
Vang Vieng,
Lao

1 comment:

kaare.iverson said...

Haha, I love that you're unwilling to write the whine.

There are poems to be written on the comparisons of societies...you need more societies